There are many forms in which cybersecurity can be compromised. That is why it is always advisable for people who are managing websites, or those who are visiting the web to be wary of any suspicious activities that could indicate that the site has been attacked. They can be done on mobile devices as well as computers.
Types of Cyber Threats
- Malware: This is one of the most common types of threats. It is when malicious software is introduced in the system. Malware infiltrates by corrupting files or taking over the entire system.
- Phishing: This is always in the form of an email. You have probably received an email asking you to give personal details or to download some software by clicking on a link.
- Man in the Middle: As the name suggests, this form of cyber threat is introduced when you send an electronic message, and the attacker intercepts it and changes some details. It is more sophisticated and often used in military warfare.
- Trojans:This is a type of malware that gets into a system to fish out a specific detail. For instance, it can be introduced to infiltrate specific software and stop it from working.
- Ransomware: This is when attackers introduce data on a system and then take up data. The attackers then use the data they have to ask for money or favours before they can release them back to the owner.
- Data Breaches: There are many forms of data breaches, including identity theft. This is when an attacker accesses your personal details and uses them for different motives.
- Denial of Service Attack: In this case, the attacker takes over several devices and uses them to perform several functions, including causing a website to crash due to the many commands the site is receiving at a specific time.